Thursday, April 8, 2010

You're in a good, good place

Those were the words my doctor said to me today. Today was my follow up appointment from when I had my bronch, which was very complicated. Remember, with bleeding (lots), a finding of staph, and the high fever. Well, I recovered--thank goodness. Dr. P was very happy that my pulmonary function tests were back up and back to normal. He looked at me, smiled and said, "You're in a good, good place considering you're nearly 10 years out". I feel so very fortunate right now. Taking care of my body has been my full-time job for sooooo long and it's nice to know that it's paying me for all of my hard work. Now, if I could just get the pesky sinuses to fall into line. Of course, I couldn't do any of this without those special lungs--the ones that were put into my body and have decided (for the moment) that they really like being in there. I promise, dear lungs taken from another, to always treat you well. Physically you reside by my heart and spiritually you reside in my heart. That's all, just blissful for life and the life that is regifted everyday.

1 comment: