Sunday, April 11, 2010

inevitable

So far in this new decade there have been too many losses. I know that death is inevitable; believe me I KNOW. It comes at you fast or it can come at you slowly. Either way it comes. It takes the people and the creatures that we love. Today it came and took my beautiful sister-in-law's mother. She fought her fight, the nasty fight with breast cancer, and unfortunately she lost. I feel her pain for losing a mother too soon. I feel the pain for every child or adult who's lost a mother too soon. Our mothers are the vessels for which we landed on this planet. They were once our life force. The inevitable has come too soon for this woman, a woman who tonight is simply a motherless child. That is the title she's taken for this moment. I am feeling so grateful right now to know that my mother is safe, healthy, and secure. I pray that as 2010 goes on it is kinder to everyone I love. I also pray that hope lifts those for whom it will not be kind to.

No comments:

Post a Comment