Thursday, February 4, 2010

Could it be???

Well, it looks as though we may be able to move into our new house this weekend! Yay! Everything major should be done by Friday afternoon. I know now that I've said this AND written it there will be some snag, but I'm remaining optimistic. Life in the new house will not be too glamourous at first. Only one bathroom with a sink and shower to use. No cooktop and no oven. Casey will have to work overtime this weekend to get the dishwasher hooked up and ready! Oh, and the washer and dryer. Luckily the fridge is installed and ready to go. Thinking of all of the details that still have to be addressed make my head spin, but it's nothing to fret over. Just life and a fortunate one at that.

I've been feeling pretty good this week. I've only worked a couple of days so far this week. My pals, Laura Mish and Florence were out of school since today. Well, Florence doesn't go to school she has tutors. We all hope that she gets there (with an assistant) next school year. This girl is so determined to learn and be like all the other kids her age. She's remarkable! I love that kid!

Anyway, this week has been a breeze. The snowy roads kept me in. I worked on (along with Aaron) getting the Lung Transplant Foundation on Facebook and Twitter. Wow, the response we've had! It's so incredible. It's hard to communicate to people how prevalent chronic rejection of transplanted lungs is AND how there's really NO way to prevent it OR stop it once it's started. People always say, "but there's so much medical technology". We need specific research targeted for chronic rejection of the lungs. The Lung Transplant Foundation's main agenda is to do that. Sorry, I go on and on but this is such an important cause for me and the hundreds of people I know facing the same future.

I'm excited about the Superbowl this weekend. This should be a great game. Go Colts! I am a huge Peyton Manning fan. I also loved their old coach, Tony Dungey. So I'm rooting for Indianapolis but I must admit it would be a great victory for the Saints. Casey and I will be hanging out with pals Aaron and Kellie. They always make the best food and on Sunday they're making chili and cornbread. Yum!

There's more snow predicted for Saturday. Ugh, I love an occasional snow but I am hoping it passes by. I'm ready for the sun to stick around. Until the next blog..

No comments:

Post a Comment