Monday, February 8, 2010

New house, new sinus infection

Oh my God, it never fails when I need to do a thousand things my sinuses say, "I don't think so!". I had a great day on Saturday, I packed up our entire apartment by myself (Casey was responsibly for loading it all and unpacking it all). My sinuses were acting up a little but that's status quo these days. We got unpacked and settled in by about 8pm on Saturday night. Well, by then we were ready to go to bed! All of our furniture is packed in Pods so no real bed. We had to blow up the trusty ol' air mattress and, boy, was that an enjoyable sleep--NOT! Imagine--2 adults plus 2 cats on a twin size inflatable mattress that seems to slowly leak air. Plus, for some reason we only put a sheet and thin blanket on. Casey and I both woke up shivering but we were both too lazy to get up and get something warmer. So Sunday rolls around and the list of things to do is soooo long. Plus, my sinus situation has taken a turn for the worse. I'm blowing, sneezing, and the drainage in my throat is unbearable. Casey is busy as can be installing our dishwasher all day---he is such a perfectionist that he took it out 3 times (!) just to make sure it was absolutely perfect and flush with the counters. I thought I had OCD!!! I was not a ton of help because I was feeling so crappy! I ended up falling asleep around 7:30 only to wake up around 11pm wide awake. Don't you hate when that happens? This morning I felt like my head was going to explode. I irrigated my sinuses (like I do every day, 3 times a day now) and all I could think was, "Gotta call Tracie". Tracie is my lung transplant coordinator at Duke. I called, she called in Levaquin. Here's hoping it knocks this infection out. It usually does. Knocking on wood!!! I can't be sick right now. There's a big Ikea trip planned for Wednesday. We're getting every last thing we need to finish up this house! Yay! So I've got to feel better. :(

Life is the new house is neat. It's been 4 long months since we've been in an actual house. This area is so quiet. Our house backs up to Duke Forest and at night (we don't have blinds on the windows yet) it's really neat to look out and see so many stars. Our neighbors are extremely nice, too. In our old neighborhood no one was that personable, and we lived there for 6 years! Our new neighborhood is a cul-de-sac and we literally have 4 neighbors in it. It's funny I just noticed there are two different mailmen that come by. ??? Is one for even numbers and one for odd numbers? Interesting. I'm currently waiting for UPS to deliver our fancy German cooktop that Casey insisted on having. Our kitchen is completely European. Well, maybe except the appliances. I'm also waiting for the delivery of a Pod (storage trailer). I've been waiting all day! I haven't even taken a shower in fear that I will miss one of them. Was that TMI? :) They were both supposed to be here before noon. Well, it's 2:10 right now. WTF? I'll keep waiting. I'm so incredibly bored, though. The cable is not hooked up so all I can do is surf the web, oh and buy stuff for the house (I'll tell Casey about it later). :)

Well, better go the laundry is beeping. That is the one thing that is keeping me busy--housework. Fun! So glad the sun is out and that I have a Levaquin script waiting for me at Kroger.

No comments:

Post a Comment