Saturday, July 3, 2010

July is here....WHAT?

Wow, I cannot believe how fast this year is going by!  We're more than half way through it.  Our parents were right; time does fly the older you get.  Remember being a kid and thinking it took FOREVER for Christmas to roll around each year?  Now you think, "It's Christmas already??"  The thought of the days flying by make me wish I had a more adventurous life.  Shouldn't I be scuba diving, studying for a pilot's license, and skiing in Switzerland?  When you live with a chronic illness you really think you should be living each day to the absolute fullest--or maybe I do.  But then...I realize I have a good life even if I'm not traveling to the most exotic places or experiencing the Aurora Borealis.  Just an outdoor concert with an awesome band, a glass of wine, and the hubby laughing as I sing out (badly) to the songs is LIVING.  There's a Feist song with some insightful lyrics, "And we'll collect all the moments one by one, I guess that's how the future's done".  I agree.  When I look back on my life thus far I am satisfied.  Definitely quality over quantity.  So, time will continue to fly and I will continue to think, "Where did that day, week, month go".  I'll probably never get a pilot's license, but that's okay.  I can relish in the fact that I thought about it and even went as far as to research it online.  Now, I'm off to sit on the porch on this remarkably mild afternoon and read a magazine.  That's my life and it's fabulous!

3 comments:

  1. Excellent post for a fabulous July day. Enjoy that magazine and the soft breeze.

    ReplyDelete